Strategy & Research
In conjunction with stakeholder such as P@SHA, the industry association, Planning Commission, State Bank of Pakistan, the IT/ITeS industry and Ministry of Information Technology, PSEB has developed a vision and a strategic roadmap to fast-track the IT Industry’s growth.
Outsourcing Survey Form
Click here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GQ3689L) for survey form.
No organization can strategically plan, manage and interact with its stakeholders in the absence of accurate data. Over the past decade, research has assumed a greater importance in the IT industry and in policy and strategic planning. In a dynamic environment, organizations are increasingly looking to research as their avenue to expansion, revenue and profit maximization.
Research has been one of the major thrust areas of PSEB as per the strategic frame given. It helps PSEB and the IT industry assess its strength and weaknesses, learn from international best practices and identify roadmap for future growth.
PSEB is planning to conduct following studies for the IT Industry and other stakeholders:
One foreign study shall be carried by some reputable international research organization and the objectives of said study will includes followings:
- Find out the requirements and the criteria of foreign customers for IT outsourcing.
- Find out the requirements and the criteria of foreign investors for IT investment.
- Find out the concerns of foreign customers about IT outsourcing and investment in Pakistan and how Government and industry can overcome those concerns
- The types of different IT outsourcing and investment opportunities in Pakistan.
- Positioning of Pakistan’s IT industry on the global IT outsourcing map
- Strategy for increasing exports and collaboration with emerging markets in Information Technology and how to market Pakistan’s IT industry to them
One local study shall be carried out by the internal project staff including SWOT analysis of Pakistan’s IT industry indicating strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and to collect data on employee strength, areas of expertise, exports, domestic revenue, future plans, and incentives needed from government to double exports and domestic revenue. Project team will also update the statistics of the following existing research reports conducted by PSEB in the past:
- Compensation Survey for IT & ITeS Industry
- IT Human Resource Need Assessment Study
- Assessment of Professionals in IT Sector of Pakistan
For further details, please contact at the following address;
Pakistan Software Export Board (G) Limited
2nd Floor, Evacuee Trust Complex, F-5 Aga Khan Road
Ph: 051-9211095, 051-9204074 (Ext – 128)